Users of my Gmail persistent searches user script will have noticed that it stopped working today. This is because Google changed Gmail's domain from
mail.google.com, which is not on the script's list of included pages. You can either modify the list by hand (select "Manage User Scripts..." from the Tools menu) or re-install the script by right-clicking on the previous link and selecting "Install User Script...".
Since Gmail's domain changed, and the searches were stored in a cookie (unless you use the modified version that uses contacts), your existing searches are not preserved. To prevent this problem from reoccurring, I've switched to using
GM_setValue, two Greasemonkey functions that were not available at the time I wrote the script (version 0.3 or later required). To recover your existing searches, look for a cookie with the name
PersistentSearches set on the
gmail.google.com domain and extract its value.
Update on 7/5/2005: I had forgotten that my Gmail skinning hack is also keyed on Gmail's domain. I have updated that as well.